- Kyla founded one of the first Cage-Free Dog Kennels in the early 2000s, which she successfully ran until selling it in 2009.
- She is a Certified Dog Trainer who earned her certification from the Ottawa Canine School in 2017. Kyla is also pursuing her Certified Professional Dog Trainer Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA) Designation through The Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers© (CCPDT©).
- Kyla has volunteered with the Ottawa Humane Society for over 20 years, starting in 2001 with her dog Storm in the Companion Animal Program, which visited senior residences weekly. She now volunteers as a Canine Behaviour Interventionist, training dogs and puppies up for adoption. Kyla has also facilitated the OHS’ L.E.A.D. program, which matches at-risk youth with shelter dogs for a two-week obedience training program.
- Kyla is a member of the Canadian Association of Professional Dog Trainers, which promotes dog-friendly and humane training techniques across Canada and provides opportunities for education, networking, and event advertising.
- She has taught in the Leash Leaders Program at Ottawa Technical High School, instructing students on how to train their assigned dogs.
- Since 2010, Kyla has been a Volunteer Coordinator with Heritage Canada, managing volunteers during events such as Winterlude, Canada Day, the Juno's, and the Illumination Ceremony.
So, whether you have a new pup or an old dog in need of some new tricks, we've got you covered with our flexible and personalized programs. Invest in a happy household with Easy Breezy Dog Training!
As a small business owner, it's always exciting to see your hard work and accomplishments recognized by the media. Over the years, Kyla has been fortunate enough to be featured in a variety of outlets including TV, podcasts and digital publications.
Below is a list of links below that showcase some of these appearances. Each one tells a different story about her business, whether it's highlighting a new product launch, discussing her innovative approach to dog training, or sharing her journey as an entrepreneur.
Kyla is grateful for the opportunities she has had to share her story, and she hopes these links will give you a glimpse into Easy Breezy’s journey.
Click on images below to open links.
Kyla’s Home Pack
Finlay is Kyla’s current dog, companion and co-trainer! Finlay works regularly with Kyla and her clients to help demonstrate obedience skills, teach proper play etiquette, engage with people and kids through events and so much more! A now two-year-old Sheepadoodle, Finlay has also helped Kyla grow her understanding around managing separation anxiety, barking at people & dogs, and ways to mentally engage your pup. When Kyla and Finlay are off the clock, they enjoy trail walks with friends, kayaking together and of course snuggles.
Easy Breezy Dog Training was named after Breeze, a German Shepherd mix. Kyla and Breeze found each other when Kyla was looking to adopt a younger dog to help out with her first business - a Cage-Free Dog Kennel. Breeze loved playing with the other dogs and was great at giving them exercise and tiring them out. Breeze was a rescue and had been abused as a puppy. Through patience and dedication, Kyla was able to work on Breeze’s fear of men and separation challenges. Breeze lived with Mystery, a very fat black cat, and they loved to cuddle together. Kayaking and running next to the bike was her favourite activity. Breeze passed away after a healthy 12.5 years of loyalty in 2018.
Storm (AKA Tempête) was Kyla’s first love! Years ago it was the calm before the ‘Storm’. Kyla remembers sitting amongst a litter of border collie/lab puppies, carefully observing all of their personalities, knowing that her Storm was amongst them. She decided to pick the most calm and chill puppy out of the bunch. The pup was with her an entire week before she could think of a suitable name for him, until she heard the words “Hit the world by storm!” on the TV. Believe it or not, Storm was terrified of storms! He absolutely loved food, sleeping sideways in Kyla’s bed and cheese was his favourite. He adored his weekly visits with Kyla to retirement residences, as he would always get an hour of solid pets during each visit! Storm was at the start of it all, and when he passed at 15.5 years, Kyla had spent half of her life together with Storm
Chief Happiness Officer